Managers in Maryland
Is Maryland a good place for you to work as a Manager?
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Maryland are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Maryland is growing slower than average.
Managers in Maryland earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Maryland?
There were approximately 14,450 workers employed as Managers in this state in 2018.
There were 12,680 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s growth of 1,770 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Maryland has more Managers than average.
Job Projections for Maryland
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 2.3% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Maryland Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates 800 annual job openings, and a total of 26,350 jobs for Maryland Managers in 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Maryland?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $71,440 to $164,210 with $119,900 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $34.35 to $78.95. The median hourly rate was $57.64.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $58.99 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate declined by $1.35.
The median salary in Maryland is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Maryland Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|California-Lexington Park, MD||490||$145,150|
Top States for Managers Employment
The table below shows the states where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Business Administration & Management
- Library & Information Science
- Social Sciences
- Health Professions
- General Psychology
- General Business/Commerce
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Communication & Journalism
- Information Technology
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Political Science & Government
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- International Relations & National Security
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- General Social Sciences
- Public Administration
- Other Social Sciences
- Geography & Cartography
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Hospitality Management
- Child Development & Psychology
- Library Science
- Urban Studies
- Natural Resource Management
- Fire Protection
- Homeland Security
- Recreation Administration
- Arts & Media Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|