Managers in Kentucky
Want to work in Kentucky as a Manager? Read this first!
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Kentucky are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Kentucky is growing faster than average.
Managers in Kentucky earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Kentucky?
In 2018, there were 3,260 Managers working in the state.
There were 3,330 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 70 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Kentucky has fewer Managers than average.
Job Projections for Kentucky
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 9.0% which is faster than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Kentucky Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates there will be 690 annual job openings, and 9,350 total jobs in 2026 for Managers in this state.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Kentucky?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $45,020 to $145,520 with $89,310 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $21.64 to $69.96. The median hourly rate was $42.94.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $42.46 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate grew by $0.48.
The median salary in Kentucky is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Kentucky Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|Louisville/Jefferson County, KY-IN||1,350||$99,630|
|Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY||110||$104,700|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Health Professions
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Business Administration & Management
- General Business/Commerce
- Information Technology
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Communication & Journalism
- General Psychology
- Social Sciences
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- Political Science & Government
- Fire Protection
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Recreation Administration
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Child Development & Psychology
- Public Administration
- Geography & Cartography
- Homeland Security
- Hospitality Management
- International Relations & National Security
- General Social Sciences
- Arts & Media Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Other Psychology
- Urban Studies
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|