Managers in Iowa
Considering a career as a Manager in Iowa?
You’re in luck! Jobs for Managers in Iowa are projected to grow and these jobs tend to pay higher than average.
Projected employment for Managers in Iowa is growing faster than average.
Managers in Iowa earn higher salaries than the typical U.S. wage earner.
How Many Managers Work in Iowa?
In Iowa, there were 2,880 people working as Managers in the year 2018.
There were 3,380 Managers employed in this state in 2017.
That’s a decline of 500 jobs between 2017 and 2018.
The typical state has 5,175 Managers working in it, which means Iowa has fewer Managers than average.
Job Projections for Iowa
Jobs for Managers in this state are growing at a rate of 6.4% which is slower than the nationwide estimated projection of 8.0%.
Iowa Annual Job Openings
The BLS estimates 930 annual job openings, and a total of 12,680 jobs for Iowa Managers in 2026.
Nationwide, the prediction is 79,200 annual jobs and 1,071,700 total jobs in 2026.
What do Managers Make in Iowa?
In 2018 wages for Managers ranged from $44,870 to $165,360 with $90,210 being the median annual salary.
Broken down to an hourly rate, workers in this field made anywhere from $21.57 to $79.5. The median hourly rate was $43.37.
Workers in this field were paid a median of $40.38 an hour in 2017.
The hourly rate grew by $2.99.
The median salary in Iowa is higher than the nationwide median salary.
Top Iowa Metros for Managers
The table below shows some of the metros in this state with the most Managers.
|Metro||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|Des Moines-West Des Moines, IA||1,180||$103,950|
|Omaha-Council Bluffs, NE-IA||810||$106,550|
|Davenport-Moline-Rock Island, IA-IL||640||$72,090|
|Cedar Rapids, IA||310||$99,140|
|Iowa City, IA||150||$88,130|
|Waterloo-Cedar Falls, IA||130||$82,850|
|Sioux City, IA-NE-SD||110||$89,960|
Top States for Managers Employment
View the list below to see where most Managers work.
|State||Number Employed||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||19,910||$141,320|
Below are the states where Managers get paid the most:
|State||Annual Median Salary|
|District of Columbia||$141,320|
What Major Will Prepare You For a Manager Career?
- Health Professions
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Business Administration & Management
- Computer & Information Sciences
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, & Fitness Studies
- Social Sciences
- Visual & Performing Arts
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement & Firefighting
- General Psychology
- Communication & Journalism
- Public Administration & Social Service
- Criminal Justice & Corrections
- Homeland Security
- Health & Medical Administrative Services
- Political Science & Government
- Natural Resources & Conservation
- Information Technology
- General Business/Commerce
- Hospitality Management
- Entrepreneurial Studies
- Fire Protection
- Public Administration
- Radio, Television & Digital Communication
- Clinical, Counseling & Applied Psychology
- International Relations & National Security
- Child Development & Psychology
- Library Science
- Library & Information Science
- Geography & Cartography
- Natural Resource Management
- General Social Sciences
- Other Social Sciences
- Arts & Media Management
- Sociology & Anthropology
- Recreation Administration
- Other Psychology
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS)
- College Factual
- National Center for Education Statistics
- O*NET Online
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|