Life As a Search Marketing Strategist
Search Marketing Strategist Definition Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
What Do Search Marketing Strategists Do On a Daily Basis?
- Execute or manage banner, video, or other non-text link ad campaigns.
- Evaluate new emerging media or technologies and make recommendations for their application within Internet marketing or search marketing campaigns.
- Combine secondary data sources with keyword research to more accurately profile and satisfy user intent.
- Conduct market research analysis to identify search query trends, real-time search and news media activity, popular social media topics, electronic commerce trends, market opportunities, or competitor performance.
- Identify, evaluate, or procure hardware or software for implementing online marketing campaigns.
- Develop transactional Web applications, using Web programming software and knowledge of programming languages, such as hypertext markup language (HTML) and extensible markup language (XML).
Search Marketing Strategist Needed Skills
When polled, Search Marketing Strategists say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Related Job Titles
- Search Engine Optimization Manager (SEO Manager)
- Pay-Per-Click Strategist (PPC Strategist)
- Paid Search Specialist
- Director of Search Engine Optimization (Director of SEO)
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist (SEO Specialist)
Is There Job Demand for Search Marketing Strategists?
There were about 287,200 jobs for Search Marketing Strategist in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 26,600 new jobs for Search Marketing Strategist by 2026. The BLS estimates 22,400 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Search Marketing Strategist are Washington, Utah, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Maryland, or Mississippi. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Search Marketing Strategist Average Salary
Search Marketing Strategists make between $47,350 and $144,820 a year.
Search Marketing Strategists who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or New Hampshire, make the highest salaries.
How much do Search Marketing Strategists make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$117,540|
Tools & Technologies Used by Search Marketing Strategists
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Search Marketing Strategists:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
How do I Become a Search Marketing Strategist?
What education or degrees do I need to become a Search Marketing Strategist?
How Long Does it Take to Become a Search Marketing Strategist?
Search Marketing Strategists Sector
The table below shows the approximate number of Search Marketing Strategists employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|