What You Need to Know About Search Marketing Strategist
Example of Search Marketing Strategist Job Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
List of Search Marketing Strategist Job Duties
- Collect and analyze Web metrics, such as visits, time on site, page views per visit, transaction volume and revenue, traffic mix, click-through rates, conversion rates, cost per acquisition, or cost per click.
- Execute or manage social media campaigns to inform search marketing tactics.
- Identify and develop commercial or technical specifications, such as usability, pricing, checkout, or data security, to promote transactional internet-enabled commerce functionality.
- Assist in the development of online transactional or security policies.
- Prepare electronic commerce designs or prototypes, such as storyboards, mock-ups, or other content, using graphics design software.
- Participate in the development or implementation of online marketing strategy.
Search Marketing Strategist Needed Skills
When polled, Search Marketing Strategists say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Other Search Marketing Strategist Job Titles
- E-commerce Specialist
- Search Engine Marketing Strategist (SEM Strategist)
- Internet E-commerce Specialist
- Search Engine Optimization Specialist (SEO Specialist)
Are There Job Opportunities for Search Marketing Strategists?
There were about 287,200 jobs for Search Marketing Strategist in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 9.3% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 26,600 new jobs for Search Marketing Strategist by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 22,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Search Marketing Strategist are Washington, Utah, and Nevada. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Maryland, or Mississippi. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
What is the Average Salary of a Search Marketing Strategist
The typical yearly salary for Search Marketing Strategists is somewhere between $47,350 and $144,820.
Search Marketing Strategists who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or New Hampshire, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Search Marketing Strategists in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$117,540|
What Tools do Search Marketing Strategists Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Search Marketing Strategists may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Microsoft SQL Server
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
How do I Become a Search Marketing Strategist?
What kind of Search Marketing Strategist requirements are there?
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where Search Marketing Strategists Are Employed
Below are examples of industries where Search Marketing Strategists work:
Image Credit: Negative Space via CC0 License
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|