All About Multimedia Artists and Animators
Career Description Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
Multimedia Artist or Animator Responsibilities
- Participate in design and production of multimedia campaigns, handling budgeting and scheduling, and assisting with such responsibilities as production coordination, background design, and progress tracking.
- Assemble, typeset, scan and produce digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer’s proofs.
- Convert real objects to animated objects through modeling, using techniques such as optical scanning.
- Use models to simulate the behavior of animated objects in the finished sequence.
- Apply story development, directing, cinematography, and editing to animation to create storyboards that show the flow of the animation and map out key scenes and characters.
- Implement and maintain configuration control systems.
Multimedia Artist or Animator Needed Skills
Below is a list of the skills most Multimedia Artists and Animators say are important on the job.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
Types of Multimedia Artist or Animator
- Cartoon Animator
- Production Manager
- Anime Artist
- Texture Artist
- Motion Pictures Cartoonist
Is There Going to be Demand for Multimedia Artists and Animators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 73,700 jobs in the United States for Multimedia Artist or Animator. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 8.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 6,200 new jobs for Multimedia Artist or Animator by 2026. There will be an estimated 6,600 positions for Multimedia Artist or Animator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Multimedia Artist or Animator are Utah, Washington, and Georgia. Watch out if you plan on working in South Dakota, Rhode Island, or North Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Multimedia Artist or Animator Salary
The typical yearly salary for Multimedia Artists and Animators is somewhere between $40,870 and $124,310.
Multimedia Artists and Animators who work in Connecticut, Washington, or District of Columbia, make the highest salaries.
How much do Multimedia Artists and Animators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$89,210|
Tools & Technologies Used by Multimedia Artists and Animators
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Multimedia Artists and Animators may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext Markup Language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Windows
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible Markup Language XML
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- PHP: Hypertext preprocessor
- Adobe Systems Adobe Dreamweaver
How to Become a Multimedia Artist or Animator
Are there Multimedia Artists and Animators education requirements?
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where do Multimedia Artists and Animators Work?
Below are examples of industries where Multimedia Artists and Animators work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|