What Do Architecture Professor Do?
Example of Architecture Professor Job Teach courses in architecture and architectural design, such as architectural environmental design, interior architecture/design, and landscape architecture. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
List of Architecture Professor Job Duties
- Write grant proposals to procure external research funding.
- Maintain regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students.
- Advise students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Compile bibliographies of specialized materials for outside reading assignments.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
Skills Needed to be an Architecture Professor
Architecture Professors state the following job skills are important in their day-to-day work.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Related Job Titles
- Architecture Faculty Member
- Assistant Professor
- Architecture Professor
- Architecture Department Chair
Job Demand for Architecture Professors
There were about 9,500 jobs for Architecture Professor in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 10.5% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,000 new jobs for Architecture Professor by 2026. The BLS estimates 800 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Architecture Professor are Utah, Oregon, and Montana. Watch out if you plan on working in Nebraska, Minnesota, or Maryland. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Architecture Professors Make A Lot Of Money?
The average yearly salary of an Architecture Professor ranges between $42,540 and $174,300.
Architecture Professors who work in Massachusetts, New York, or Rhode Island, make the highest salaries.
How much do Architecture Professors make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Architecture Professors Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Architecture Professors:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Data entry software
- Email software
- Word processing software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Systems Adobe InDesign
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Salesforce software
- Calendar and scheduling software
- Learning management system LMS
- Blackboard Learn
- Collaborative editing software
How do I Become an Architecture Professor?
Education needed to be an Architecture Professor:
How many years of work experience do I need?
Where Architecture Professors Are Employed
Architecture Professors work in the following industries:
You May Also Be Interested In…
Career changers with experience as an Architecture Professor sometimes find work in one of the following fields:
More about our data sources and methodologies.