Find Grad Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer Software & Applications at Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Computer Software & Applications at Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus

What traits are you looking for in a computer software school? To help you decide if Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's computer software program.

Georgia Tech is located in Atlanta, Georgia and approximately 39,771 students attend the school each year. During the 2019-2020 academic year, 13 students received their master's degree in computer software.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer Software & Applications section at the bottom of this page.

Georgia Tech Computer Software & Applications Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Software
  • Master’s Degree in Computer Software
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer Software

Georgia Tech Computer Software & Applications Rankings

In 2020, 9 students received their master’s degree in computer software from Georgia Tech. This makes it the #42 most popular school for computer software master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in computer software, making the school the #1 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer Software Student Demographics at Georgia Tech

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer software majors at Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus.

Georgia Tech Computer Software & Applications Master’s Program

38% Women
8% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The computer software program at Georgia Tech awarded 13 master's degrees in 2019-2020. About 62% of these degrees went to men with the other 38% going to women.

undefined

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus with a master's in computer software.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 9
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Georgia Tech also has a doctoral program available in computer software. In 2020, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Computer Software Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer software can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for GA, the home state for Georgia Institute of Technology - Main Campus.

Occupation Jobs in GA Average Salary in GA
Software Applications Developers 30,440 $105,240
Graphic Designers 6,400 $54,260
Computer Programmers 5,460 $92,390
Database Administrators 4,280 $92,090
Web Developers 2,510 $80,090

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Graduate Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited graduate schools across the U.S.