Find Grad Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Computer & Information Sciences at Dakota State University

Find Schools Near

Computer & Information Sciences at Dakota State University

If you are interested in studying computer and information sciences, you may want to check out the program at Dakota State University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Dakota State is located in Madison, South Dakota and has a total student population of 3,186. During the 2019-2020 academic year, 101 students received their master's degree in computer and information sciences.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Computer & Information Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Dakota State Computer & Information Sciences Degrees Available

  • Basic Certificate in Computer & Information Sciences (Less Than 1 Year)
  • Associate’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Computer & Information Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Computer & Information Sciences

Online Classes Are Available at Dakota State

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

Dakota State does offer online education options in computer and information sciences for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Associate’s Degree
  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

Dakota State Computer & Information Sciences Rankings

In 2020, 60 students received their master’s degree in computer and information sciences from Dakota State. This makes it the #167 most popular school for computer and information sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 11 students who received their doctoral degrees in computer and information sciences, making the school the #70 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Computer & Information Sciences Student Demographics at Dakota State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the computer and information sciences majors at Dakota State University.

Dakota State Computer & Information Sciences Master’s Program

21% Women
19% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2019-2020 academic year, 101 students earned a master's degree in computer and information sciences from Dakota State. About 21% of these graduates were women and the other 79% were men.

undefined

Of the students who received a computer and information sciences master's degree from Dakota State, 61% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Dakota State University with a master's in computer and information sciences.

undefined
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 7
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 62
International Students 17
Other Races/Ethnicities 8

Dakota State also has a doctoral program available in computer and information sciences. In 2020, 16 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Computer & Information Sciences

Computer & Information Sciences majors may want to concentrate their studies in one of these areas. The table shows all degrees awarded in this field awarded for all degree levels at Dakota State University. A concentration may not be available for your level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Information Science 38
Computer Information Systems 32
Information Technology 19

Careers That Computer & Information Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in computer and information sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for SD, the home state for Dakota State University.

Occupation Jobs in SD Average Salary in SD
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 1,770 $62,420
Computer User Support Specialists 1,200 $38,860
Software Applications Developers 1,010 $75,000
Computer Systems Analysts 760 $75,810
Computer Network Support Specialists 750 $48,080

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Graduate Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited graduate schools across the U.S.