Life As a Hydroelectric Production Manager
Hydroelectric Production Manager Example Manage operations at hydroelectric power generation facilities. Maintain and monitor hydroelectric plant equipment for efficient and safe plant operations.
List of Hydroelectric Production Manager Job Duties
- Check hydroelectric operations for compliance with prescribed operating limits, such as loads, voltages, temperatures, lines, or equipment.
- Operate energized high- or low-voltage hydroelectric power transmission system substations, according to procedures and safety requirements.
- Direct operations, maintenance, or repair of hydroelectric power facilities.
- Supervise or monitor hydroelectric facility operations to ensure that generation or mechanical equipment conform to applicable regulations or standards.
- Identify and communicate power system emergencies.
- Perform or direct preventive or corrective containment or cleanup to protect the environment.
What Every Hydroelectric Production Manager Should Know
When polled, Hydroelectric Production Managers say the following skills are most frequently used in their jobs:
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
Other Hydroelectric Production Manager Job Titles
- Power Plant Supervisor
- Demand Generation Manager
- Facility Manager
- Power Project Manager
- Hydro Generation Supervisor
Hydroelectric Production Manager Employment Estimates
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Hydroelectric Production Manager. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Hydroelectric Production Manager. The BLS estimates 11,600 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Hydroelectric Production Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Hydroelectric Production Manager Salary
The typical yearly salary for Hydroelectric Production Managers is somewhere between $63,470 and $172,150.
Hydroelectric Production Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Hydroelectric Production Managers make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Hydroelectric Production Managers Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Hydroelectric Production Managers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Personnel scheduling software
How to Become a Hydroelectric Production Manager
What education or degrees do I need to become a Hydroelectric Production Manager?
What work experience do I need to become a Hydroelectric Production Manager?
Where Hydroelectric Production Managers Work
The table below shows the approximate number of Hydroelectric Production Managers employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|