Life As a Biofuels Production Manager
Occupation Description Manage biofuels production and plant operations. Collect and process information on plant production and performance, diagnose problems, and design corrective procedures.
Life As a Biofuels Production Manager: What Do They Do?
- Supervise production employees in the manufacturing of biofuels, such as biodiesel or ethanol.
- Adjust temperature, pressure, vacuum, level, flow rate, or transfer of biofuels to maintain processes at required levels.
- Draw samples of biofuels products or secondary by-products for quality control testing.
- Prepare and manage biofuels plant or unit budgets.
- Approve proposals for the acquisition, replacement, or repair of biofuels processing equipment or the implementation of new production processes.
- Monitor transportation and storage of flammable or other potentially dangerous feedstocks or products to ensure adherence to safety guidelines.
Qualities of a Biofuels Production Manager
Below is a list of the skills most Biofuels Production Managers say are important on the job.
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
Related Job Titles
- Production Manager
- Cellulosic Ethanol Production Plant Manager
- Biodiesel Operations Manager
- Ethanol Operations Manager
- Biodiesel Plant Superintendent
Is There Job Demand for Biofuels Production Managers?
There were about 170,600 jobs for Biofuels Production Manager in 2016 (in the United States). There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Biofuels Production Manager. The BLS estimates 11,600 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Biofuels Production Manager are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Biofuels Production Manager Salary
Biofuels Production Managers make between $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Biofuels Production Managers who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Biofuels Production Managers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Biofuels Production Managers Use?
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Biofuels Production Managers:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Inventory control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Human machine interface HMI software
- Employee scheduling software
Becoming a Biofuels Production Manager
What education or degrees do I need to become a Biofuels Production Manager?
How Long Does it Take to Become a Biofuels Production Manager?
Where Biofuels Production Managers Work
The table below shows the approximate number of Biofuels Production Managers employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.