What Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator Do?
Occupation Description Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Responsibilities
- Maintain records for landfill gas collection systems to demonstrate compliance with safety and environmental laws, regulations, or policies.
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.
- Implement landfill operational and emergency procedures.
- Evaluate landfill gas collection service requirements to meet operational plans and productivity goals.
- Track volume and weight of landfill waste.
- Oversee gas collection landfill operations, including leachate and gas management or rail operations.
Other Methane Gas Collection System Operator Job Titles
- Collection Systems Modeler
- Collection Systems Consultant
- Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Gas Collection System Operator
- Gas Operations Superintendent
Is There Going to be Demand for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. The BLS estimates 11,600 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Salary
The typical yearly salary for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators is somewhere between $63,470 and $172,150.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Sector
The table below shows some of the most common industries where those employed in this career field work.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|