What Does it Take to Be a Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator?
Position Description Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
Methane Gas Collection System Operator Responsibilities
- Monitor and control liquid or gas landfill extraction systems.
- Oversee landfill gas collection system construction, maintenance, and repair activities.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Oversee gas collection landfill operations, including leachate and gas management or rail operations.
- Prepare soil reports as required by regulatory or permitting agencies.
- Coordinate the repair, overhaul, or routine maintenance of diesel engines used in landfill operations.
Types of Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Distribution Collection Operator
- Collection Systems Administrator
- Methane/Landfill Gas Collecting System Operator
- Collection Systems Consultant
Job Outlook for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There will be an estimated 11,600 positions for Methane Gas Collection System Operator per year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Methane Gas Collection System Operator
The salary for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators ranges between about $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
How much do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
What Tools & Technology do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Sector
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|