Life As a Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
Career Description Direct daily operations, maintenance, or repair of landfill gas projects, including maintenance of daily logs, determination of service priorities, and compliance with reporting requirements.
A Day in the Life of a Methane Gas Collection System Operator
- Diagnose or troubleshoot gas collection equipment and programmable logic controller (PLC) systems.
- Optimize gas collection landfill operational costs and productivity consistent with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Monitor landfill permit requirements for updates.
- Inspect landfill or conduct site audits to ensure adherence to safety and environmental regulations.
- Monitor gas collection systems emissions data, including biomethane or nitrous oxide levels.
- Implement landfill operational and emergency procedures.
Types of Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Collection Systems Consultant
- Landfill Gas Collection System Operator
- Landfill Gas Collection Operator
- Gas Operation Manager
- Methane Gas Collection System Operator
Is There Job Demand for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 170,600 jobs in the United States for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. There is little to no growth in job opportunities for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operator. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 11,600 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Methane Gas Collection System Operator are Nevada, Utah, and Arizona. Watch out if you plan on working in Alaska, Vermont, or Kansas. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Do Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators Make A Lot Of Money?
The salary for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators ranges between about $63,470 and $172,150 a year.
Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators who work in Delaware, New Hampshire, or Wyoming, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
Tools & Technologies Used by Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Web browser software
- Email software
- Computerized maintenance management system CMMS
- Distributed control system DCS
- Employee scheduling software
- WorkTech MAXIMO
- Landfill gas analysis software
- Landtec System Software LFG Pro
Who Employs Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators?
Below are examples of industries where Methane/Landfill Gas Collection System Operators work:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|