What Do Green Marketer Do?
Green Marketer Example Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
A Day in the Life of a Green Marketer
- Analyze green product marketing or sales trends to forecast future conditions.
- Identify marketing channels for green products or services.
- Coordinate with other marketing team members and workers such as graphic artists to develop and implement marketing programs.
- Devise or evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires.
- Revise existing marketing plans or campaigns for green products, technologies, or services.
- Attend or participate in conferences, community events, and promotional events related to green products or technologies.
Types of Green Marketer
- Green Energy Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Environmental Marketer
- Environmental Marketing Representative
Job Demand for Green Marketers
In the United States, there were 31,300 jobs for Green Marketer in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 3,400 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Salary for a Green Marketer
The typical yearly salary for Green Marketers is somewhere between $57,150 and $208,000.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
How much do Green Marketers make in different U.S. states?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools & Technology do Green Marketers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Green Marketers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Where do Green Marketers Work?
The table below shows the approximate number of Green Marketers employed by various industries.
Image Credit: Nick Youngson via Creative Commons 3 - CC BY-SA 3.0
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|