Life As a Green Marketer
Job Description: Create and implement methods to market green products and services.
List of Green Marketer Job Duties
- Analyze regional energy markets, including energy pricing, market structures, energy generation competition, and energy transmission constraints.
- Analyze the effectiveness of marketing tactics or channels.
- Develop communications materials, advertisements, presentations, or public relations initiatives to promote awareness of green products and technologies.
- Write marketing content for green product web sites, brochures, or other communication media.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and buying habits, and identify target audiences for green products, services, or technologies.
- Develop branding or sales initiatives for green products, such as solar energy systems, green cleaning products, or products using renewable or recycled materials.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Marketing Communications Specialist
- Green Marketer
- Green Marketing Analyst
- Marketing Specialist
- Green Energy Marketing Analyst
Is There Going to be Demand for Green Marketers?
In 2016, there was an estimated number of 31,300 jobs in the United States for Green Marketer. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.4% which is above the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 1,700 new jobs for Green Marketer by 2026. The BLS estimates 3,400 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Green Marketer are Utah, Washington, and Colorado. Watch out if you plan on working in West Virginia, Vermont, or New Mexico. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Green Marketers Salary
The salary for Green Marketers ranges between about $57,150 and $208,000 a year.
Green Marketers who work in New York, Washington, or New Jersey, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Green Marketers in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$143,600|
What Tools do Green Marketers Use?
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Green Marketers may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Office
- Hypertext markup language HTML
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Outlook
- Web browser software
- Microsoft Access
- Email software
- Microsoft Project
- Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Publisher
- Adobe Systems Adobe Illustrator
- Extensible markup language XML
- Microsoft SQL Server
Where Green Marketers Work
Green Marketers work in the following industries:
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|