What is a Fuel Cell Technician?
Fuel Cell Technician Definition Install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
List of Fuel Cell Technician Job Duties
- Build fuel cell prototypes, following engineering specifications.
- Test fuel cells or fuel cell stacks, using complex electronic equipment.
- Collect or maintain fuel cell test data.
- Perform electrochemical performance or durability testing of solid oxide fuel cells.
- Document or analyze fuel cell test data, using spreadsheets or other computer software.
- Calibrate equipment used for fuel cell testing.
Types of Fuel Cell Technician
- Fuel Cell Assembler
- Alternative Energy Technician
- Fuel Cell Battery Technician
- Fuel Cell Technician
Fuel Cell Technician Employment Estimates
In the United States, there were 76,800 jobs for Fuel Cell Technician in 2016. New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.2% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,000 new jobs for Fuel Cell Technician by 2026. Due to new job openings and attrition, there will be an average of 7,100 job openings in this field each year.
The states with the most job growth for Fuel Cell Technician are Utah, Nevada, and Connecticut. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, West Virginia, or South Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Fuel Cell Technician Salary
The typical yearly salary for Fuel Cell Technicians is somewhere between $36,120 and $98,720.
Fuel Cell Technicians who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or Maine, make the highest salaries.
Below is a list of the median annual salaries for Fuel Cell Technicians in different U.S. states.
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$92,600|
Tools & Technologies Used by Fuel Cell Technicians
Although they’re not necessarily needed for all jobs, the following technologies are used by many Fuel Cell Technicians:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Data acquisition software
Where Fuel Cell Technicians Are Employed
The table below shows the approximate number of Fuel Cell Technicians employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|