What Do Fuel Cell Technician Do?
Job Description & Duties Install, operate, or maintain integrated fuel cell systems in transportation, stationary, or portable applications.
Daily Life Of a Fuel Cell Technician
- Troubleshoot fuel cell test equipment.
- Report results of fuel cell tests.
- Perform electrochemical performance or durability testing of solid oxide fuel cells.
- Assemble fuel cells or fuel cell stacks according to mechanical or electrical assembly documents or schematics.
- Calibrate equipment used for fuel cell testing.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance procedures, such as part replacements or tune-ups.
Related Job Titles for this Occupation:
- Fuel Cell Battery Technician
- Alternative Energy Technician
- Fuel Cell Technician
- Fuel Cell Assembler
Are There Job Opportunities for Fuel Cell Technicians?
There were about 76,800 jobs for Fuel Cell Technician in 2016 (in the United States). New jobs are being produced at a rate of 5.2% which is below the national average. The Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts 4,000 new jobs for Fuel Cell Technician by 2026. The BLS estimates 7,100 yearly job openings in this field.
The states with the most job growth for Fuel Cell Technician are Utah, Nevada, and Connecticut. Watch out if you plan on working in Vermont, West Virginia, or South Dakota. These states have the worst job growth for this type of profession.
Average Fuel Cell Technicians Salary
Fuel Cell Technicians make between $36,120 and $98,720 a year.
Fuel Cell Technicians who work in District of Columbia, Maryland, or Maine, make the highest salaries.
How much do Fuel Cell Technicians make in each U.S. state?
|State||Annual Mean Salary|
|District of Columbia||$92,600|
Tools & Technologies Used by Fuel Cell Technicians
Below is a list of the types of tools and technologies that Fuel Cell Technicians may use on a daily basis:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design CAD software
- Data acquisition software
Where Fuel Cell Technicians Work
The table below shows the approximate number of Fuel Cell Technicians employed by various industries.
More about our data sources and methodologies.
|Request Info||Southern New Hampshire University You have goals. Southern New Hampshire University can help you get there. Whether you need a bachelor's degree to get into a career or want a master's degree to move up in your current career, SNHU has an online program for you. Find your degree from over 200 online programs. Learn More >|